Rapid Biz

Have you ever woken up one morning and thought “well gosh darn it, I can’t make it to set today.  How will I get paid even though I physically can’t work?” Well, never fear friends! Let me tell you about the wonders of income protection insurance.

So you broke both your arms, you got a third-degree burn, and now you can’t work, as long as you hand over the proof that this all happened, there is no need for panic because you can still get paid. 

There are loads of different insurance packages for firefighters. There will be a package to suit your needs. The only issue with choosing insurance packages is the cost.

#1 Why Should You Get Income Protection Insurance?

There are many reasons why a firefighter should consider Income Protection Insurance.  We all know that firefighters are working at heights, travel to high-risk locations and are exposed to hazardous or explosive materials. 

People with a high-risk occupations such as firefighters should consider some form of income protection insurance to see to it that their families are secure in the event of their accident, or illness.

#2 How Should You Make Insurance Protection Claim

It is important to note that there will be specific requirements for an application for firefighters’ income protection, such as determining whether you have had any time off work recently due to an accident or sickness and looking at your overall health.

There may be certain restrictions on the type and the level of cover in terms of the moratorium periods.

The following are general guidelines for claiming an income protection benefit:

  • Notify your employer and insurer as soon as you experience an illness or injury that makes you incapacitated to go to work.
  • The insurer will then give you paperwork to complete, including a salary continuance report, a tax file number declaration form, a claim form, an income replacement employer report, your leave and payment history for the previous 12 months, and certified proof of age (ie, driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport).
  • You then forward the completed documentation to your insurer, who will evaluate your claim once the waiting period lapses.

Leave a Reply